Originally Posted By: LeFusil
Originally Posted By: BrentD
I see and know of more people using side-bys now that I did 10-15 years ago. They aren't exactly taking the world by storm, but they seem to be holding on and even a little better than that in this area.

As for whether they are superior or inferior to O/U's could not be less important to me. It's a foolish argument for 99.99% of the people I know. I've been known to miss with either one, but I have no attraction to O/U's so I stick with the Side-bys for all my hitting and missing.

I'm waiting for a 12 gauge to come out on the AR "Platform" so I can have the latest and greatest. smile

Actually, I bet that has already happened, but I haven't seen one on the shotgun range yet, unlike at the rifle range.

Man. You say/write some silly shit. 10-15 years ago, sxss were damn near at their modern pinnacle of popularity. SxSs were flying off dealers shelves and private sellers were moving guns at a fast pace too. Even at the height of popularity the gun club I belonged to in Glenwood, Iowa...I was the ONLY person there shooting SxS guns. When I would go shoot in Omaha...same thing.

So from your post, Im assuming you literally know or shoot with about 2 people. Haha.

And another thing....I didnt read Bobskis post and for 1 minute think he was bashing SxS guns or that he gave two shits about your personal thoughts on the matter BrentD. I read it as he was providing an explanation on why the SxS gun is rapidly going out of fashion with pretty much every demographic albeit a few hold overs such as us.
You wanna hear a foolish argument BrentD..an argument that 99.9% of the people here can agree on and where youre 1000% wrong on....your argument about acceptable free loading on this website as you continue to post and use Daves services is ridiculous.
Hopefully youve paid up.

I'm really glad you were there to see what I see when I go to there range. Usually, there are about a dozen or more guys there, usually there are one or two side by there in addition to my own and my buddy's.

I didn't meet a lot of folks in the field this year, though I hunt on public ground. But two of them were carrying side-bys. One an old Smith and the other, I am not sure, but not a fancy gun at all. The guy with the Smith had traveled from Ohio to hunt. It was an annual pilgrimage for him.

So, it is what it is Short Fuse. I guess you were there, so you know all about it.

Please keep crying your river. It's entertaining to watch.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]