Good point-- I meant "My personal vehicle-- Not my wife's 2016 low Mileage Chrysler Grand Caravan-- back up TV screen that kicks in when in Reverse, Cruise, heated seats and steering wheel- Sirius radio, Lo-Jack-- Bought it for her this past summer (2018) with 21,000 miles- was a factory lease car-- and she loves the color- More safety features than you can "shake a stick at"

But for me, mainly driving downtown for coffee, or the banking details, and area farms for shooting/hunting trips the Ranger trucks are ideal- Mine is a 2009- 5 speed stick, bigger 4-cyl. engine- has, cruise, tilt wheel, A/C- seat belts- and I just had the factory recall done on the air bags--

I have been driving over 60 years- No tickets ever, no accidents or even a "fender bender" and I have 20/15 vision, so no "Prince Phillip" issues, albiet he has 20 years more "On the road", even if he drives on the wrong side of it at times.

My former hunting pals, all gone now- always got me to ask the permission from a farmer to hunt his lands-- Tell you what- two possible scenarios here, you pick: (1) You drive into his muddy driveway in an immaculate Rang Rover- dressed the like lads in the David Carrie shooting videos-- and knock on the door-- (2) You drive into his muddy driveway, well-used but still running Ford or Chevy Pick-up, muddy boots, well-worn Carhartt bibs, a "feed and seed" cap on your head-- and if you don't see anybody outside- first you holler- "Anybody Home here?"-- If you don't get a reply, you tap on the door, and step back a few paces, and chances are good the Lady of the house will answer your knock. Most farms I have permission on have cats and dogs in the area- when their dog comes over, you stand still, then maybe slowly kneel down, and speak to the animal in a low, calm voice--

90% of the farmers where I hunt and shoot have livestock- By doing this, you are showing that you care for animals- and are not going to shoot their prized livestock during the deer season.

My Granddad taught me the same lesson that Southern writer John Grisham detailed (tacitly) in his great novel: "Runaway Jury"--about how you dress to fit the "territory", whether a defense lawyer in a court of Law- or a honest guy asking for permission to hunt. RWTF

Last edited by Run With The Fox; 01/21/19 11:08 AM.

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..