Thanks- I stand corrected, at least on the Parker frames-- I know that the frame depth was fairly std., the width and the dim. of the firing pin holes on centers varied from frame to frame size, and gauge. I have always thought that a No. 1 size Parker frame would measure an even 1.000" on center. Is that accurate.

I thought that as WRA brought out the M21 during the Depression, using the same frame for a 16 and a 20 gauge would be an economical move, reducing the frame inventory needed. Am I right that the M21 with extractors and double triggers retailed for about $59.95 when it first came on the market. A STT and/or AE were added, just as with Parkers, Smiths, etc.

I guess I didn't phrase my analogy properly-- mea culpa-- As the Fjestad Blue Book shows ejectors and single triggers (along with beavertailed forearms, ventilated ribs, etc.) as added value factors to a basic DT/EXT graded shotgun, condition being another caveat, of course--let me try again-- which shotgun is worth more on the market today- both guns 20 gauge with 28" barrels, open choked (no added choke tubes) - A M21 with a 20% barrel and receiver blueing, 20% original stock finish and a replacement pad, checkering worn down, pg and beavertail forearm, and with SST and ejectors- or the same M21 but with DT, EXT, splinter forearm, blueing in 90% condition, wood and checkering 95%, and original WRA logo BP-- a "safe queen" indeed.

One reason I am shy of gun dealers and brokers as their sometimes miss-leading comments about condition, ditto auction houses in their listings of up and coming firearm listings. The only "rare" thing, IMO, about a M21 made in 1933- is its age or vintage, and I cannot see paying a premium to a dealer for that factor. But, I usually buy my guns (used) to keep and shoot, and not for some possible future re-sale at a profit.

Today's used gun market doesn't warrant such speculation, look at the prices pre-1964 Model 70's and Model 12's bring. I don't seriously consider the M21 market, as I have one I inherited, and do not, at age 77, really plan to invest in another one. RWTF

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..