As an artist, of course I like art on a shotgun. If shotguns were just tools, we would buy an 870 and be done with it. To me, that lazer engraving is not art, but just machine doodling as someone put it.

I just bought a Baretta SBT that has a stock that was cut in half and poorly re-attached, with a chunk missing. I'm going to make it right again, and paint a realistic yet subdued portrait of mother nature on one side with a gold leaf halo, and a flamingo head portrait on the other, also with a gold leaf halo, as one of nature's emissaries, similar to a major oil painting I completed recently by the same title. I think the renaissance style it will be painted in fits a nicely engraved Italian gun with a gold trigger. I can't wait to get started on it, and I don't care a whit if it's to no one else's taste. As the quote says above, "the arts are full of what is profoundly unnatural." It's going to be epic, and I'm going to enjoy the heck out of it, and all the comments it will get at the trap range.