Although Grade 3E 20-bore Smith guns are a bit on the uncommon side, how the seller can verify his claim that only six examples were produced in the engraving motif depicted on the gun is beyond me. I've done quite a bit of research on the LC Smith gun and surviving records, and there's nothing in any of the surviving shipping ledger records giving the researcher any indication as to how each grade, or an individual gun within the listed grades may have been engraved; and for the record there's several variations of Hunter's Grade 3 engraving pattern known to exist besides the style seen on this example. So I call total bull crap on the "only six exist" claim. As a collector all I see in this example is a well-used Grade 3 with a replaced and incorrectly checkered butt stock, burred screws, and no case color remaining shooter built on a feather weight frame with optional ejectors and HOT single trigger. If the drop at heel is 3 1/2" as claimed; don't see this gun as a good shooter either.