Yes, it is a .22. But if you looked at the muzzle it looks more like a 600 NE. The original 28" #2 barrel was bored out and a 17" Lilja barrel was inserted inside leaving an 11" "Backbore" to the barrel.

Because this rifle is used in different types of matches in addition to squirrel hunting, I wanted to regain some of the mass that the 11" backbore cost me at the muzzle. To that end, I mounted a muzzleloading under rib. Just weight, but it doesn't look half bad - just a little odd I suppose. It surprises me how many people never notice it, even when seeing it up close in person.

Because I used it in different competitions, it has several "outfits" or ensembles that suit those purposes. Here it is, suited up for Schuetzen.

The muzzle sled on the barrel here serves for benchrest of course, but also as additional muzzle weight for offhand, plus it keeps the rifle stable on the bench when I set it down between shots. The rifle has almost 1" of cast off so it tends to roll on the bags otherwise.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]