Hey craigd, thanks for the kind words. Anyway, as you stated the Iraqi Army was large, but it was a hollow shell. The rank and file of the average Iraqi unit were treated like dirt by the Officer Corps. No food, boots, no clean uniforms for months and no will to fight. I was in a PSYOP unit and we had hundreds surrender without firing a shot. They were glad to surrender. Even the Republican Guard Units were not that great. Some did resist, but most gave just gave some slight resistance and got the hell out of our way or were shot to pieces. Their equipment was Soviet which kept breaking down and couldn't match ours one on one or even five to one. The tactics they used were also Soviet, but they did modify them to fit desert warfare to some degree. The units that invaded Kuwait were nothing more than animals. The looting, rape and murder they did was horrible. SH needed to go period. He got his in the end.

The greatest threat to the US is Islamic terrorism. I also don't trust the Russian either, never have. Putin is just another Red Tsar trying to reform the old USSR. I think The POTUS Trump is spot on when it come to letting people in here. They need to be vetted and their backgrounds checked and rechecked especially if their from the Middle East. I thank God we have a man like Trump in office, a man of his word and he tells it like it is. Refreshing!

I wanted to point out that not ALL muslims are terrorists. It's like saying all Irish are terrorists because of the IRA. You cant's paint everyone within a group or religion with the same brush. Each group and individual needs to be looked at in their own right.

Hope this clears up some things for you.

Best,

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret