Originally Posted By: gjw
....Col, that was very well stated. It's hard to argue your points, but they will! You know, when I was in the first Gulf War, I met a lot of arabs/muslims of all stripes, some were a-holes, other great human beings. Some hated us, and some like the Kuwaiti's loved us. All depends. Like in Germany during and after the war, not all Germans were Nazi's, but some painted all Germans with the same brush, just like some are doing here on this thread. Good point about some of these folks going over to fight Islamists, just let someone else do it!

Again, good post on your part!

Best,

Greg

Hey MSG, thanks as in the past for your service.

I'm of the opinion that Larry and yourself may be painting with a vague romanticized brush of the good ole days. During the first Gulf? Didn't Sadam use conventional tactics out in marginally inhabited desert? You do recall that the seventh largest military force in the world at the time was overrun in three days?

Larry's making it sound like it was good old US military tactics that the middle eastern enemy adopted. So, I guess you don't feel that at least some domestic attacks were, or may in the future be, at the hands of 'islamist terrorists'? Are we thinking we should bring muslim mercenaries to the homeland and hope for the best.

I can appreciate, and have said so of Larry's service, but he does not make a case by equivocating the intentions of the US, misguided or not, with the razor sharp focus of russian and iranian backed savages.