Originally Posted By: Karl Graebner
Ted,
The sharp edges on the bottom of the action is one thing I don't care for on sidelocks, although that can be cured if one were to get a rounded version. For half day hunts it's okay, but not for all day in the U.P. woods. At 6lbs. 8 oz. it is a pleasure to carry, but for the coming season it will be my 5 lb. 12 oz. Churchill boxlock with it's softer edged action.
Come October!
Karl

Karl,
I think I can work around it with a pair of thin, leather, shooting gloves. I never owned shooting gloves until my Dad passed away, and I ended up with his. He thought they were the cat's meow, and had several nice ($$$$) pairs.

I never had a glove on my hand, when hunting, until age 50, or so. Didn't need them. I likely don't need to tell you they can save your hide when grouse hunting in the thorns. I'll see what kind of adaptations I have to make to have it work out for me.

I'm not an ejector guy, either, unless they are Darne ejectors, which, just yank the spent rounds out of the chamber and leave them on the action flats. So, as noted, that may be changing.

I suppose all designs of guns have a compromise or three built into them. It is up to us to figure out which ones we can live with.

Cautously optimistic on this design. Feels good to me.

Best,
Ted