Originally Posted By: King Brown
Believe what you want to believe. Read your history. My observations are based on history of the issue. Positions changed about the Second, by jurists themselves, even the NRA. That's why there's a debate. Mentioning facts doesn't make me a liar. As posted above, to give a little nudge: " It's absurd for the educated in the 21st century to believe one ideology fits all, and pure fantasy to say that one is purer, more virtuous than the others as fundamentalists everywhere do."

Mentioning facts wouldn't make King Brown a liar. But distorting facts and posting falsehoods does. The NRA did not at one time believe there was no Individual Right to Keep and Bear Arms. I challenge the liar from Nova Scotia to show us where and when they did. They evolved over time, especially in the 1960's and 1970's from an organization devoted mainly to civilian marksmanship to one that primarily defends the 2nd Amendment in response to attacks, erosion, and infringements upon our gun right by the Liberal Left anti-gun Democrats.

The jurists who have sided with infringements upon gun rights were not on the Supreme Court majority, and thus were not the ultimate arbiters. The meaning and original intent Individual Right to Keep and Bear Arms was not adjudicated in the U.S. Supreme Court until 2008 in two landmark decisions. These are the Heller and McDonald decisions that King continues to deny and lie about. But that Original Intent has been demonstrated to pre-date the ratification of the Constitution, and it most certainly is not a recent invention of the NRA or John Ashcroft as King Brown has said many times in the past. We've already discussed judges who violate their oath by legislating from the bench. There were also judges in this country's past who upheld slavery, segregation, and suppression of voting rights for women and minorities. King Brown would be outraged if we even suggested that those things are subject to interpretation and change simply because they were debated in the past.

Last, but not least... when you can post dozens of anti-gun statements and also read crap like this from your friend Ed Good:

Originally Posted By: ed good
as for the gun control issue...we are the only country in the world that seems to tolerate mass murder, in the name of an individual right...its about time that we as a society realize that we are over gunned with too many super dangerous weapons in the hands of too many super dangerous people... it is long past time to do as the rest of the civilized world has done and simply, disarm...

...and then say this:

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Fifteen years of my almost daily visits here confirm there are no anti-gun members.

...then you are a liar. My opinion is based upon clear and simple facts and your own words. To even attempt denial of the fact shows that you are also mentally ill, and certainly here to undermine our Constitutional 2nd Amendment Rights.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.