May
S M T W T F S
1 2 3 4
5 6 7 8 9 10 11
12 13 14 15 16 17 18
19 20 21 22 23 24 25
26 27 28 29 30 31
Who's Online Now
1 members (SKB), 544 guests, and 5 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,563
Posts546,355
Members14,423
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 11 of 20 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Drew Hause
Adult males may engage in name calling here on DoubleGunBBS, esp. when cowardly hiding behind internet anonymity. No problem. Adults can take care of themselves.
What is a problem is bringing developmentally disabled children into the insulting. I asked JamesM to refrain from called others "Libtards" by PM and it was not well received. Possibly we could consider for a brief moment before clicking on "Submit" how the parent of a hydrocephalic "retard" might feel. That of course would require something called "empathy".

Could not agree more!

Michael Dittamo
Topeka, KS
Sidelock
Sidelock

This used to be nice gun board. Most knowledgable, most helpful. Now it's devolved into a viper pit. I'll keep checking in. There's still some good here. I remember Russ and Bill Murphy and Bill Wise and Oscar Gaddy Mike Orlen and guys like that. Pretty sad legacy.

Last edited by Alder adder; 03/28/18 11:13 AM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

It's an open discussion board where we speak our minds. It ain't Sunday school.
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 03/28/18 12:13 PM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: old colonel
Originally Posted By: Drew Hause
Adult males may engage in name calling here on DoubleGunBBS, esp. when cowardly hiding behind internet anonymity. No problem. Adults can take care of themselves.
What is a problem is bringing developmentally disabled children into the insulting. I asked JamesM to refrain from called others "Libtards" by PM and it was not well received. Possibly we could consider for a brief moment before clicking on "Submit" how the parent of a hydrocephalic "retard" might feel. That of course would require something called "empathy".

Could not agree more!

I have no doubt that old colonel "Could not agree more" with Drew.

Why? Simply because of the intellectual dishonesty and highly selective disapproval practiced by Drew and old colonel, and several other F.A.G.'s (Fake Ass Gentlemen), along with their penchant for putting words in my mouth that were never said. Note that nobody but Drew even mentioned developmentally disabled children when I returned an insult to Bob Cash. Hydrocephalus is most certainly not limited to developmentally disabled children. Drew should and does know better, just as he knows I did not used the term "retard" which he took the time to disingenuously put in quotes. Dishonesty is not civility.

Not that I care, but where were Drew and old colonel about a week ago when I was the target of blistering personal attacks in a couple threads, which included threats, name calling, and a level of vulgarity and profanity seldom seen here? If I had been the one dropping numerous F-bombs, threats, and name-calling, and the target had been one of their cronies, they both would have been front and center with their pious preaching. They were both predictably silent. And we already heard about Drew's confrontation with James M. over the use of the term "Libtard" in his own little "I'm Done" cry for sympathy thread which was framed around some big dangerous religious/medical mission to Guatemala that turned out to be about a 4 1/2 day long weekend. I hope the little trip was tax deductible.

LIBTARDS is a perfectly descriptive term for the Liberal Left supporters of anti-gun Democrats who work to take away our gun rights. FUDD's is fine too, but really doesn't go far enough to describe the stupidity of those who think that the anti-gunners will leave our doubles alone if we sacrifice AR-15's and other things we personally may not own or care for. I will continue to use both terms, especially now when we have ex-U.S. Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens and others calling for a repeal of the 2nd Amendment.

John Paul Stevens: Repeal the Second Amendment

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.

keith #509822 03/28/18 03:26 PM
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: keith
[quote=old colonel][quote=Drew Hause]

I will continue to use both terms, especially now when we have ex-U.S. Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens and others calling for a repeal of the 2nd Amendment.

And you will continue to hurt our cause. I campaign for hearts and minds of our neighbors how we express things and how we present ourselves is at least as important as what we say.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Jagermeister

I will continue to use both terms, especially now when we have ex-U.S. Supreme Court Justice John Paul Stevens and others calling for a repeal of the 2nd Amendment.

And you will continue to hurt our cause. I campaign for hearts and minds of our neighbors how we express things and how we present ourselves is at least as important as what we say.

No, he won't. Just what is "our cause" you speak of? You can't see the obvious when it's staring you in the face, Jager. For you the 2nd Amendment is a completely disposable item "for safety's sake".

And that last sentence is nothing but pure gobbledygook of the first order.
JR

Last edited by John Roberts; 03/28/18 05:45 PM.

Be strong, be of good courage.
God bless America, long live the Republic.
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: John Roberts

No, he won't. Just what is "our cause" you speak of? You can't see the obvious when it's staring you in the face, Jager. For you the 2nd Amendment is a completely disposable item "for safety's sake".

And that last sentence is nothing but pure gobbledygook of the first order.
JR

There are threat posed by people behaving badly in general, people behaving badly after natural disasters, man-made disaster and the prospect of people behaving even worse if the economy of the whole country takes a nosedive into "Kansas territory" because of the "trickle-down' crap. The mind boggles that some people think the best idea is to give up ways to protect yourself should things actually go to hell particularly when what they want to give up represents the world's best defense for the vulnerable and underrepresented.

If the Second was repealed, I would no longer have any desire to live in the US. If I must live in a country that doesn't respect the right to keep and bear arms, then I would at least like to live in a country with a universal healthcare.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Jager, there is no constitutional right to firearms in Canada, which has universal healthcare.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Jager, there is no constitutional right to firearms in Canada, which has universal healthcare.

Does that universal healthcare come with a free Model 21? Didnt think so.
Please stay on topic.

Wear (sic) is old colonel when you need him?

Sidelock
Sidelock

If the Second was repealed, I would no longer have any desire to live in the US. If I must live in a country that doesn't respect the right to keep and bear arms, then I would at least like to live in a country with a universal healthcare.

You don't want to live here anyway. You've already said you are going to be moving out of the USA soon, to another country. Why be so (falsely) patriotic?

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
Page 11 of 20 1 2 9 10 11 12 13 19 20

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.