You guys continually amuse me with your negativity and cynicism. Money spent will never trump physics and the physics is that ANYTHING used to a maximum capacity will have a lifespan and anything mechanical can break. I deal every day with race engines and race cars. Some work great and some are real duds. Sometimes the reasons (good or bad) are never discovered sometimes everything is "identical" and there is still a vast discrepancy in performance. Parts can break on the first cycle or the millionth... it doesn't really mean someone's production is junk or that every piece is junk.
Do Ferrari's not go to the shop? Ducati sport bikes require considerably more maintenance than a comparable Honda. Can either break ? Yes? Either brand has far more technology and speed (capacity) than 95% of the owners will even need or even use. 1% may push them to their limits... just like a shotgun. Most spend a lot of time sitting. Listen to the first hand experiences, take them with a grain of salt, and decide what works for you.
But to give my opinion of the direct question that started the thread: Which one is the better value?
Where do you find value? Resale, shooting performance, personal appreciation? As far as I am concerned they are two different animals in the same kingdom. I'd rather have an old one. but either one more than covers any need or use I could ever have for it.