I don't wear gloves until it gets below freezing. Then I wear some very thin unknown synthetic gloves that were a light gray color, but I dyed them dark green. They are thin enough to not cause issues with the set trigger on my flintlock. And if they get wet, they dry out within minutes without removing them just from body heat. I wish I knew who made them. I have about 10 pairs left, and they are unbelievably warm considering how thin they are.

Multiflora rose is especially fun to crawl through without gloves, and hawthorne needles will penetrate boot soles... nevermind gloves. I've torn up my hands on many occasions trying to protect my gun stock from getting scratched. I figure my hands will always heal. I'd hope any surgeon who had his hands inside of me was wearing surgical latex gloves whether he had any scratches or not.

I never noticed that wearing gloves did any damage to barrel blue or case colors. But I have heard that the salt in human tears can be corrosive to gun metal when grown men cry.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.