Sirs and Fellow Double Gun Devotees. Ive translated the missive I first posted. I was in Charles De Gaullewaiting 7 hours for a flight and groggy from being awake for 20 hours already; and when that appeared on my google search, I immediately deleted it.did not click - dont trust such messages. But it is not a Fench government post - rather it's a message from Google about privacy and looks to be an effort to protect the company from EU lawsuits. EU has targeted a number of US high-tech firms for legal actions which looks to be Brussels high-handedness (EU suites against Apple, Amazon, etc. all coming out of an unelected central bureaucracy in Brussels).

Anyway, I apologize for starting this line - it just gave an opportunity for Drunks-in-a-Bar - those guys with slurred voices and opinions about everything - to spout their unwanted and unread political rants and to indulge in vicious personal attacks against fellow free-Americans on a site devoted to sport and mechanical engineering. We live in a free country posting on an unmoderated free board which means (I guess) it's self-policed and relies on self restraint. Unfortunately it's degenerated to a point where one can vomit garbage whenever one wants - doesn't mean it's worth a tinker's damn and this baloney isn't. It must be too cold outside to hunt. Again my apologies for opening Pandoras Box.

Translation:

Google.France

Before continuing;
In conformance with legislation relating to he protection of the users, we are asking you to take a few minutes to look over the principle aspects of our regulations on confidentiality. We have not modified them, and are adding this simply to allow you to familiarize yourself with these regulation.

You must complete this operation in order to continue to us Google services.

-

Google.France

Reviewing the Confidentiality laws of Google.

Things that happen when you use Google services:

The for example you search a restaurant on Google maps or look at a video on YouTube, we note the information relating to this activity, such as the video that you have looked at, identifying your computer, IP address, your cookies or your location.

We also note the the of information mentioned above when you use application where you consult some sites using the services of Google, such as news, Google Analytics or the teaching videos on YouTube.

Why to we take note of this?

We note these particulars for reasons described in our regulations, notably the following:

to permit us to propose to you some sites/information useful to and personalized for you such as some results of research of the pertinent topics.
To improve the quality of our services and to develop new services.
To propose some announcements corresponding to your centers of interest and understand the basic searches that you have made or videos that yove look at on YouTube.
To reinforce the security to better protect you against fraud and abuse.
To effect some analysis and take some measures in order to understand how our services are used.

Combining source data of the user.

We compile as well source information called up on our services and on your computers as previously described. For example, we effectively use the billions of searches to develop models to correct orthography used by the whole group of our sevices. We commit also the personal information in order to alert all users in the case of security risks

Discover how Goole uses personal information in order to offer a better user experience (^)

Finally if you connect to your google account before accepting these regulations of confidentiality, we will remember you choice so that all the navigators and the computers which you use will be connected.

Other OptionsI ACCEPT

Last edited by Argo44; 01/22/18 12:06 PM.

Baluch are not Brahui, Brahui are Baluch