Given that I'm considered a odd bird of sorts because I often use DT's at the range I'm a bit surprised on one hand at the number of replies to the thread, on the other what other type of users would a site called "double gun" be expected to have? :-)

I have and have had had many "modern" O/U's, pumps, and automatics for shotgun sports and for certain the logic of DT's where the "presentation" is unknown DT's are a real advantage. Try and tell that to a younger crowd!

I grew up with an old Savage (IIRC?) bolt action 20 gauge that had a wide choke and I always wished I could get a double with DT's. Those cool pics on the covers of mags with guys in the field with their dogs and SxS shotguns just hit home for me.

When my first DT equipped came along (the Fabarm) I sent it to my Dad in New York and he used it for turkey, after he passed I got it back.

The good news for users of DT's prices are very good for buyers.

Many comments above could use a reply but the one from B.Dudley is striking, "It makes you wonder how many people actually use the selector in the field on the fly" Personally I don't think many are THAT good to use the selector, crap, many kids are now using a high gun mount because they can't use a field mount and NEED that time to make the shot, use a selector? I personally don't see it happening. So many now use automatics that pumps and older double guns are at the ranges I go to getting rare.

And Canvasback, I appreciate your signature "Message to Garcia" what was then is still today.

Last edited by gnappi; 12/09/17 02:08 PM.

Regards,

Gary

"What you get for free has no value"