Just a heads up for those wanting to export shotguns for the UK. A EU piece of law that was introduced in 2012 has just landed on the UK firearms exporters. I will not bore you with the details but sufficient to say that the old Open General Export Licence [OGEL] (Historic Military Goods) which we all used to export guns made before 1897 has been superseded by 'PL9010' which (as far as we can work out) removes all export control of guns pre-1890 but requires the use of a Single Individual Export licence [SIEL] for everything post 1889. This means that the Open Individual Export Licence (OIEL) which most of the big exporters of post 1896 guns used has also passed into oblivion or will do shortly.
Now, applying for an SIEL is not a huge deal but it will need to be supported by an 'End User Undertaking' (EUU) or a 'Stockist Undertaking' (SU) which can be a royal p.i.t.a..
So all you guys buying guns direct from the UK, get used to the idea of completing some very simple paperwork to keep our masters happy! Or buy from someone like me who has got is sorted for you!! lol