Originally Posted By: King Brown
RWTF, nothing can change your prevalence of multiple killings, many unreported every day in a culture that generally worships guns. The US makes its rules and lives by its consequences, as do other countries.

King, do you have even a shred of evidence to back up your wild claim that there are many unreported killings every day here in the U.S.?

C'mon King, put up or shut up. I'm sick of you constantly denigrating our country and attempting to undermine our gun rights with your falsehoods.

We don't "worship guns". But those of us with any brains at all do indeed value our freedoms and our Constitutional Rights. We don't swallow the kind of crap you frequently post here:

Originally Posted By: King Brown
Ed, historically the individual "right" to bear arms is relatively new. I believe John Ashcroft in 2002 became the first federal attorney-general to proclaim that individuals should be able to own guns. The Supreme Court in 2008 overturned all mainstream legal and historical scholarship by ruling that there is an individual right to own firearms although with some limits. Obama said it again last week.

I believe that during the previous 218 years the Second meant what it said: firearms shall be held by "the People"---a collective and not individual right---insofar they are in the service of "a well-regulated militia." Was an individual right even mentioned at the Constitutional Convention or in the House when it ratified the Amendment or when debated in state legislatures? I don't think so.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.