This explains a lot, I guess you can't win them all. When I bought my .45LC Vaquero I was very happy with it and got lots of compliments. The same happened when I bought my .45LC Henry big boy. But I guess my 3rd and final purchase didn't go as well. I went around looking for a Coach Gun. This was just to entertain myself. Not so much to join a CASS group.

My admiration for the short barrel shot gun proved to be challenging. This was because the most common is the 20" and longer barrels. So when I found the one guy who had an 18 1/2" a (Gun Exchange in El Paso)I just had to have it. The Gun Smith told me he was working on the trigger. I told him when he was finished with it, I'd be interested in buying it.

After waiting 6 weeks for it to be ready, I believe I paid more than I should have. But the price was below my "Walk away" price. All the info that I learned here leads me to not only did I pay too much, but that I have to pay even more to get it right. In the end the appearance of the Gun meets my criteria.
Stan provided me a contact to an excellent Gun Smith close to my location, which I will take my Gun to in order to get the Sear fixed.

I can't take it back to where I picked it up as he will be gone for a while to attend a shoot out of town. Also it took 6wks to get it from him in the first place just to still have the trigger issue he thought he fixed. The folks there are very friendly and accommodating but they have a min of 3 weeks wait time.

Thank god I'm in a position in my life right now where money isn't the biggest issue. getting this Gun right, getting the loads right, getting my distances right, and getting the results I'm looking for is the focus at this point. I know I can get there with the help and guidance you guys are providing.