I have detailed written instructions for the selling or passing on of my guns, tools, wood and stock blanks. Guns were easy. Kids know what they want and the rest gets split into two groups. The best goes to a local dealero on a consignment basis, while the rest will goes to an auction house to be sold over three to four auctions. Don't want my wife or kids to be stuck trying to sell my guns over a year or so time. Bundle them up and drop them off or have them picked up, let others do it for a fee.

When my brother died I had to dispose of all of his stuff. It took me three days to separate things out and another week to move them out. Cleaning crew, painting crew, cleaning crew again, then real estate agent. In three weeks his house as on the market and under contract shortly the after. About a third of his stuff went to Craigslist, same to goodwill and the rest to friends and family. Everything was sold and gone in less than a week. The only rule I had was that I was not going to bring any of it home with me. God knows I've got enough stuff already.