Anything I know about Ideals (and, that isn't much) I picked up trying to learn more about Darnes. I have handled and shot enough Ideals that I know they simply aren't my cup of tea, but, I acknowledge that there are people who are thrilled with them.
A good friend owns a 16 that is everything an Ideal should be, nicely engraved, retractable sling, skip line checkering, perhaps 95% original condition.
Neither of us can hit anything with it. I seem to remember the chokes were beyond tight, and the chambers short. We both shoot his well worn Costo much, much, better. Both guns have swamped ribs, for what it is worth.
I'm pretty sure the Costo was also a Manufrance product, but, it is a far more conventional, and, pedestrian gun than an Ideal.
I love a Darne, of any grade, that fits me, and have owned literally dozens over the years. But, I also believe there is some truth to the old saw "Beware the man with one gun" and I'm not likely to struggle with a bunch of different designs of bird guns. I own a couple of autoloading 12s that haven't been touched in years.
They aren't my preference. I can manage a pump, usually. I ran one often as a younger man, and the lessons are still there.
I'm not looking for any more guns, but, I wouldn't mind being a better shot with the ones I have. There is always room for improvement on my score sheets, and I work on that more than anything else, with the hope my wingshooting skill rides up as well.
What rib I use between the guns I own, hasn't seemed to be a factor in my progress, unless, I am thinking about it at the shot.
Then, I miss.
So, I try, hard, not to think about anything, save the bird, at the shot, clay or otherwise.

Best,
Ted