2-piper has it for now. It has to be a story like 'piper' told. Here is the one I used last year.

Friend of mine is the school football coach. In his school, football is a big sport and everyone comes out to watch the games. It also means a lot of revenue and some players get scouted to the colleague teams. He's a good coach but this past year he had a crop of youth the just didn't pan out. He worked his butt off but they were bottom of league at the end of the season.

Knowing how badly they had faired and how big football is in the community he was getting a bit worried about his job. Now my friend is also a hunter and really likes the early season duck hunt. He has a great hole down on one of the school board trustee's lands that he hunted for the past few years.

He decided to try it and took along the assistant coach who also likes hunting ducks. He pulls up into the farm yard and says to the assistant coach you stay here. I want to ask permission to hunt and also I would like to get an indication if my job is on the line.

So the coach goes up and knocks on the door and the school trustee answers it. The Coach talks a bit about the weather and the harvest season then gets down to business and ask if he can hunt the hole for ducks. The trustee says yes help yourself. Since things in the conversation are going good the coach decides to ask if he still has a job the next year. The trustee says for sure. You been doing a good job for the past few years and this year you just had a bunch of kids with no talent. We ain't going to fire you for that.

Well the coach is very relieved. As he turns to head back to the truck the trustee says perhaps you can do me a favour. I got this old horse down in the coral that needs to be put down but I just can't do it myself. Perhaps you can help me. When you get to the coral maybe you can get out your shotgun and put him down.

The coach all relieved about keeping his job says sure no problem. As he gets back to the truck he's thinking this will be great joke on his assistant coach. He gets in the truck and tells the assistant coach we lost our jobs, but the trustee was a bit emotional about it and says we can hunt for one last time.

As they turn turn through the barn yard and to the coral the coach breaks hard, grabs his shotgun and says I'm going to kill his damn horse. He shoots. Just as the horse drops he hears two more shots behind him. Turning around the assistant coach says Ya and I just shot 2 of his cows, lets get the hell out of here!

Last edited by Tamid; 01/30/17 10:55 PM.

Nothing is foolproof to a sufficiently talented fool.