Originally Posted By: Stan
....I repeat, no one can ever do anything about guns they they do not know exists. Officer says, Joe Blow says he sold you a .458 SOCOM AR15, about 8 years ago. Answer, "He's lying." or "I resold it to a gypsy.", ad nauseoum. Who can know one way or the other?....

I didn't mention you or I or eight years ago. I don't know the answer to this, but what if this happens today.

A twenty year old is deer hunting or shooting a round of clays TODAY in Colorado. 'Officer' asks is that your gun, and the fellow says, yes sir. The officer then says, please explain, there's no record in our system that you ever applied for a background check to purchase that, whatever, deer rifle.

Again, I don't know what would happen, but the officer would know that the twenty year old was too young three years ago to own a rifle in that state when the law changed requiring background checks.

Today, if someone said, 'I sold it to a gypsy' a couple of years ago in Colorado, not eight years ago. What if the officer decides to ask, 'was a background check done'.

I understand and agree with what you're saying a hundred and ten percent. I still think, unless it's socked away forever, time alone will make it harder and harder to use the excuse that I got it from my grandpa craig. Sooner or later, the math will say that the future gun owner was too young to own a gun when gramps passed away, or the gypsy or neighbor or whoever.

Only thoughts Stan. I don't think the gal is going to make things any easier. Regardless of what King might say, her actual words, public and leaked private, say she's going at least the exec route to make things tougher.