Pump guns are as dead a they can be at gun shows. Unless black, cheap and ugly there is no interest in them. I guess they might have as much interest as cheap doubles but not much more if that. The only thing which brings less interest are bolt action shotguns. While I love them it is a true labor of love and a great time to buy them if interested. Plus there are thousands of them coming out of estates with zero interest form heirs.

Estate gun finds can be both interesting and a little scary. I herd of one which the deceased was a WWII vet who sent a few war trophies home. A couple of them were a real surprise. Along with the usual Nazi marked knives and flags were a well worn MP40 Maschinenpistole, also known as a "Schmeisser" were a pair of potato masher. It was unknown if the potatoes mashers were real or dummies but the "Schmeisser" was real enough and unregistered. Being unregistered legal transfer was impossible and there was no way to make it legal. The amnesty period to register WWII automatic bring backs ended one month after the 1968 gun control act was enacted.

Being a hornet nest I was told the items were destroyed quietly without bringing in a swat team, a bomb disposal squad, BATF to sweep the property for other finds for the next two weeks. If I had to make a guess the items were taken out to sea during the White Marlin Fishing Tournament and given a burial at sea. Sleeping with the fishes. But who knows that MP40 might have swam back shore and lives in someone else home to be found again in 50 years. Estates are full of surprises sometimes.