Simmons- Simmonds. I have a 12 gauge Eagle Grade made in 1933- It has the factory barrels for that period, unaltered, and the Simmonds Saw Company owner- Gifford I believe- who designed the ventilated rib for the L.C. Smith shotguns-- It has 32" F&F barrels and has the 3 inch chambering stamp, but it is NOT a LONGRANGE model- DT, Ejectors, straight hand grip, Hawkins pad, and the small field style sized splinter forearm with the rectangular shaped latch escutcheon, instead of the famous "banjo" shaped escutcheon.

It is the highest grade Smith I will ever own, the previous owner used it for live bird shooting- doubt that he ever shot any 3" loads in it-- no cracks in the stock near the sidelocks or tangs, but a pal has a similar set-up Crown Grade 12, but with HOT-- and his has a really serious set of cracks near the top tang area-- He shoots heavy turkey loads in his- maybe that's why-

But I'll put a Hillary sign in my yard before I'd ever shoot any 3" or heavy turkey loads in my Eagle grade..

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..