Originally Posted By: arrieta2
I think Keith and others mentioned about the decline of fFL dealers they have no concept as to why
they just look at the chart and form their wrong information from it

John boyd

Judging by the responses of those who formerly held FFL's and were forced to give them up, it would appear that I did not simply look at a chart or graph and form an incorrect opinion. Of course, being an NRA member and being actively engaged in educating myself about the constant assault on the 2nd Amendment from the Liberal Left Democrats, none of this was news, conjecture, or incorrect assumptions to me.

John, you seem to be going to great lengths to defend the actions of Bill Clinton and his ATF. You keep emphasizing the aspect of being actively engaged in the business when there is no clear definition of what that really means. We can state with absolute certainty that if Ted or Stan or craigd made a small profit on the part time sale of a small number of guns, and did not report that small income, the IRS would consider that taxable earned income and come after them for their taxes. The IRS and their agents regularly pursue small amounts of tax revenue, and do not force small businesses out of business just so they don't have to be bothered. Can you show us where the Constitution allows the government to do that?

Since Clinton managed to reduce the number of FFL's so dramatically and agents no longer need to inspect and examine the bound ledgers of those now defunct FFL holders, did they lay-off vast numbers of agents or tell Congress that they didn't need as much money in their annual budget to run the bureau? Just a few months ago, we had Obama telling us that he was doing more Executive actions to force non-FFL's who sell only a few guns to become licensed FFL holders so that the government can track infrequent private sales. He obviously considers those who sell only a few guns to be actively engaged. Funny how fluid that requirement can be when the obvious intent is to infringe upon our rights.

Originally Posted By: arrieta2
Dave:

I will let you worry for me

John Boyd

I laughed when I saw that little statement and thought about all the Fudds. No surprises there. Roughly 4.5 million NRA members have been doing the worrying and the heavy lifting for the other 40 million gun owners who enjoy gun ownership for decades.

A true sign of mental illness is any gun owner who would vote for an Anti-Gunner like Joe Biden.