Originally Posted By: dal
kieth....tell us about our Canadian gun laws and how strict they are please.

Well Dal, I'm not Keith, but I can talk a bit about how strict our gun laws are compared to the US. Especially concerning what are known as restricted (includes most hand guns) and prohibited guns and ATT's, the arbitrary assignment of guns to those categories based primarily on whether the gun looks scary or not and the utter inability to use a gun for defense.

Whatever your political viewpoints are and however they may differ from Keith's, to suggest our guns laws are not strict in comparison to the US is to negate any credibility you might have on the subject. Instead of pretending they aren't strict, perhaps a good argument in their favour might be worthwhile. Why, it's possible I might even agree with some of your points.

My objection to gun laws in Canada and the US is based mostly on my belief that there is no level of accommodation to the anti gun lobby that will satisfy them. EVERY law, every regulation is simply one step closer to a total ban of all types of firearms.

Last edited by canvasback; 06/26/16 10:13 AM.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia