Originally Posted By: King Brown
Consequences for the young? Opportunity and travel, smaller fish in a big pond, the travel a part of their jobs in a more cosmopolitan and globalized world---as one.
Well, Brittain, except for continental drift, is the same thirty miles or so coast-to-coast from Europe as it was before the Brexit vote. I doubt that Channel Tunnel will be filled in. England is already cosmopolitan. And blue collar Brits won't have as much competition for blue collar jobs as they would with unfettered immigration. I am always surprised at liberals' inability to connect inequality, the plight of the working poor and immigration (legal or otherwise).

Their life-savings also have taken a serious hit."
Well, many Americans took a big hit on their stock portfolios in 2009. Seem to have pretty well recovered though. Would it it be possible for that to happen in UK?

The worst, of course, is end of UK and most likely EU.
Based on the same pollsters that predicted "Remain" or perhaps those bookies giving 80% odds of "Remain"?

Scotland and Ireland already talking referendums.
Scotland had a referendum in 2014 while the UK was still in the EU. So no change there.

Some Texans have been talking about seceding since before we joined the Union. Of course, the European Union won't invade England to force it back into the fold.

I am glad to be here.