June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
2 members (SKB, 1 invisible), 250 guests, and 36 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,572
Posts546,461
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
tw Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

So who is shopping Brit or will the gun prices in pounds Sterling take a quick uptick to adjust for present exchange rate/politic?

The present may or may not be a good time to acquire a nice double from across the pond. Anyone care to speculate?

Sidelock
Sidelock

Pound is at the lowest level to US dollar since 1985. Biggest single one day drop ever. Euro drops as well. Brexit will have huge and unknown impact to British, European and world economies. My guess is the medium to long term benificiaries will Britain, the remnants of The Comminwealth, America and Russia. In the short term a different story. Disruption everywhere. I'd buy Sterling if I was a currency trader.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

will there be a chain reaction ?will germany leave now ?is the immigrant influx the reason for the split.10% loss on brit currency.wow i didn't think this would happen.is cameron gone?

Sidelock
Sidelock

It's a lot of speculation at this point but id say Cameron will be gone shortly. I think Germany won't leave suddenly as a result of this. Free trade I think is a major component of influence. And I think it's more than just immigration.....although that's the face of it....it's the loss of sovereignty. Your government being told by another entity what the rules are.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia
mc Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

i have read that people in other EU country's could go to england for jobs(and germany)but with so many eu countries having economic problems maybe the britts have had enough of this collectivism.i didn't expect them to leave,is this a repeat of the 1979 resurgence of conservatism in England.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The future gona tell more, the British people voted yesterday and the result is that 52 % voted for the Brexsit. Pond is all ready 10% down this morning.
Cheers, Marc.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Mr Cameron has resigned; he'll stay in post until a new Prime Minister is selected by the Conservatives, but will be gone before the Tory party conference in convenes in October.

The ramifications both political and financial are all unknowns at this point, although the anti-EU sentiments with the other EU countries are making themselves felt. Elements in the Dutch parliament have already called for a referendum in Holland.

This vote does not IMO reflect any rise in conservatism; it was the Labour party heartlands that brought in the biggest "Leave" numbers.

The immigration thing has been vastly overplayed; there are 400,000 Asian Muslims in Birmingham and not one of them will go back home because of this result.

As regards the EU citizens coming here to work, London is already the seventh largest French city. I expect a lot will be going home as London loses it's position as a world financial centre. Invest in Frankfurt!

I voted to remain, but we've got what we've got, and as the old curse has it "May you live in interesting times."

Eug

Thank you, very kind. Mine's a pint
Sidelock
Sidelock

Short term the Pound will keep dropping as it will take time to figure out how the exit will be done. People who hate uncertainty will sell pounds for what they hope are more stable investments. Long term the Pound should recover and rise. If you are traveling there or buying say guns there, to bring back, the stronger dollar is like a sale price on what you buy.

The real question is how stable can the EU be in both the short and long term? Face facts if the most solvent countries leave the EU is doomed. Contracting economies are not stronger banning together, they need rising economies to bring them up as they grow. An EU without GB, Germany or France is just a mini UN of second and third rate countries. If you loose two out of those three it's all over. It all comes down to what happens next in the next two or three years. More exits will be bad but if none happen quickly the EU might survive in a weaker form.

Sidelock
Sidelock

I think its a good thing....this new world order crap just screws over middle class working people....lowers wages...and further fills the pockets of those that have it all already....

gunut
Sidelock
Sidelock

The pound will go up and down like Yo-yo for a while as the market hates uncertainty. It's known as a 'dead cat bounce'. Other European countries also fed up with the E.U. are looking on with interest. It will take at least two years to negotiate the split. Don't get too excited about exchange rates just yet as they first went up before going down during the night. It's business as usual for now. U.S. trade with the U.K. should get easier without E.U. interference. Lagopus.....

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.