June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
7 members (gunny, SKB, Jtplumb, Guy Ave, Dave K, 1 invisible), 389 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,573
Posts546,474
Members14,424
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: steve f
Originally Posted By: Dave K
Originally Posted By: ed good
your complaints about firearms dealers is noted here and elsewhere...

this is why those who fear bad experiences should consider doing business on gunbroker or other websites where there are verifiable feedback ratings of both buyers and sellers...

crooks dont last long on gunbroker...

We all remember this Eddy some of your feedback on GB !

" Bought a SxS, gun action was loose when received. Contacted seller to return. Said that since firearm is tight when forearm attached, it is "shootable"...no return. Worst seller I've encountered.
Response: (left on 12/12/2013) gun is tight and in fine shooting condition when fully assembled. looseness when forend is removed is normal wear for 100 year old gun. buyers expectations are unrealistic. this feedback is vindictive
Follow Up: (left on 12/12/2013) Barrels rattle when mounted. I just asked to return firearm, but was refused. Vindictive? No, just opposed to buying no-return "beaters" at high prices. "

In fairness to Ed, he has 1582 feedback transactions on GB, 1563 positive and a total of 16 negative over the 15 years he's been on GB. I bought a gun from him at a very low price, had it inspected by a top notch gunsmith who pronounced it safe to shoot. It was a good value for the money and I plan on seeing if I can knock down a few doves with it this fall.

Glad your buying experience from Ed went well ...... but, you lucked out. I didn't. If your gun had not checked out okay you would have had no recourse.

SRH

May God bless America and those who defend her.
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

well stan, you and i both know what you post here is false...

there is always recourse...fact is the first i heard of your problem with the browning bss i sold you was via this forum, and months, if not years after the sale...i still doubt the validity of your claim that the browning had some kind of internal issue...in any event it is low down of you to continue to trash my reputation on this fine forum or elsewhere.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

steve f: thank you for your kind words. hope the gun works well for you...ed

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

I generally refrain from commenting on other dealers or their return policies but yours sucks Ed. A gun is either on the face or off...the fore end is not part of the lock up. Your ambiguous return policy is a joke. Mine is simple and straight forward.....take any gun I sell and shoot it until your heart is content. I stand by any and all mechanical issues and offer a full refund minus shipping if you are not happy for ANY reason. This has been my policy for 15 years and I have only had a single gun returned in that time. It was not returned for a mechanical issue but the buyer felt it did not fit him. Try conducting yourself with a bit of honor for once. Stan has been a gentleman from day one on this board.....low down would be not taking a loose gun on return and telling the buyer he is expecting too much.

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

well skb, to continue to beat a dead horse and to mix apples with oranges...and to cast dispersions on ones business policies because they are different than yours, is certainly not gentlemanly behavior...

and looking at your web site, it seems to me that we walk in very different shoes...perhaps that is your problem...never the less, i do not pretend to instruct you on the conduct of your business, nor do i appreciate the same from you.

Last edited by ed good; 06/14/16 09:41 AM.

SKB Online Content
Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Ed you just do not like being called out on your shady sales policies. A loose gun is just that....loose. I have sold everything from 200$ beaters to guns worth many tens of thousands and they all carry the same return policy....nothing ambiguous. Different shoes? Thank goodness for that. Your a shyster and you know it as does almost every poster on this board. Don't you have a receiver you should be destroying with a torch?

http://www.bertramandco.com/
Booking African hunts, firearms import services

Here for the meltdowns
ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

so much for gentlemanly behavior...

ed good Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

"The man who really counts in the world is the doer, not the mere critic-the man who actually does the work, even if roughly and imperfectly, not the man who only talks or writes about how it ought to be done. "

Last edited by ed good; 06/14/16 10:54 AM.

Sidelock
Online Content
Sidelock

Whats next Eddy you going to threaten us -again,for exposing the ruse of your using the forum to advertise your tarted up POS guns ?

Remember this guy?

http://www.doublegunshop.com/forums/ubbthreads.php?ubb=showflat&Number=348238

Eddy Good the Torch and con man-one look at this farse of asking questions on gun he has listed for sale shows what slug he is !

Beware of any "hobby" gun dealer who uses ALL CAPS in his gun adds and posts

Hillary For Prison 2018
Sidelock
Sidelock

T.R. was obviously a narcissist, but in no way was a faux gentleman amoral lying sociopath like ed, and would likely very much not appreciate ed referencing his statements. How 'bout this one

Seventh Annual Message to Congress 4 December 1907
"There may be honest differences of opinion as to many government (and business) policies; but surely there can be no such differences as to the need of unflinching perseverance in the war against successful dishonesty."

And to that end, since "One picture is worth 10,000 words"
http://www.picturetrail.com/sfx/album/view/24716095

Page 4 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.