Originally Posted By: L. Brown
Craig, I wish to heck you'd post LINKS, or at least list your SOURCES (you know, name of the publication, date, etc) because then I could find the specific article to which you're referring....

....Islam requires 5 prayers per day (perhaps that's what you read), but they do NOT fall within an 8 hour period. One is at sunrise and one at sunset, which right there is a lot longer than 8 hours. Even in the winter....

....Craig, how in heck can you put up a quote from me, then turn around and misquote me in your own post? What I said was: "The 5 prayers would cover the entire day." Nothing about 5 breaks taking all day. One more time: Muslims are required to pray 5 times a day. The 5 prayers cover the religious requirement for the entire day. Each only lasts a few minutes. No, they do not pray all day. Good grief....

....And here's a little warning to you, Craig: I believe in intelligent discussion. You misquote me one more time--how can you do that when you just posted my fricking quote, then misquote me right below it--and you go on ignore with your buddy Keith. I don't have time for that kind of rubbish.

Thank you for the warning Larry. In a nice way, I've warned you many times about about the repetitive tendency of your position, but you do not seem to respect my point of view.

In your second paragraph up above here, you use your brand of logic. Please note there are no references, but it's a common tactic that you use. If you're concerned about fitting five muslim prayer breaks into a Wisconsin day during winter, please note that daylight hours fall to under nine hours at that time of the year. And, it may be that many of the work shifts in question are nine hour shifts. If you do the math, let's say five breaks, between sunrise and sunset, how does the work day progress. Doesn't eight hours of work shift, fit into nine hours of daylight mean, maybe four prayer breaks? I can understand that, if you can.

Please note the company tried three breaks over their policy of two ten minute scheduled breaks, but logically the policy compromise was abused? I don't know, you tell me. Cair is now suing the company to require three breaks, logically, isn't that a compromise indicating that they are acknowledging that there were more than three breaks? I don't know, but logic would tell me that there was some abuse above and beyond three breaks during a shift. What do you think?

I found an article that pretty much repeats the above, but they're unable to speculate about the logical conclusions that we're discussing. It's in 'The Brillion News' on January 21, 2016, by Byrne, entitled 'COMPLETE STORY: Muslims leave Ariens over work-time prayers'. There is a statement that breaks, plural, were being taken in addition to the two scheduled breaks. Can anything be deduced from that? If you really do have the intention of checking my source, and thanks if you do, I'd like you to note that right about in the middle is the comment, "Most of the Muslim employees work second shift".