Originally Posted By: craigd
Originally Posted By: L. Brown
....What is it you're suggesting they'll influence in a negative way? And I'd remind you that historically, similar statements have been made about....

....blow right by the 1st. I've heard people suggest that the Muslims will bring sharia with them. Read the 1st amendment. Can't happen. "Congress shall make no law....

....Give me one example--just one--of a religion (take your pick) that gets special rights based on their beliefs....

....Right now, we have Muslims who've been "vetted" by the military and the intelligence community--Iraqis and Afghans who've risked their lives with us, and have saved American lives....

Right now in hamtramck, the first majority muslim city in America, every morning at 6:30 AM loud speakers blair the call to prayer. There are noise regulations, and there are non muslims in the community that are forced to accept the 'special rights' granted to muslims. The city has changed zoning law so new mosques can spring up in previous areas that churches and other places of worship were not previously allowed. Imams can arbitrarily prohibit the serving of alcohol within five hundred feet of their new mosque. Looks like a religious leader and mosque patrons are given 'special rights' over lawful preexisting businesses and forcing citizens of other beliefs to give up right to work and pursue happiness.

Major airports are spending taxpayer money to build or retrofit muslim foot washing stations in places like Indiana and California. The same applies to taxpayer funded universities, for example in Michigan.

Employers, for example the Ariens case in Wisconsin, are being forced to allow random five times per day muslim 'prayer' breaks. Fifteen to twenty minutes per break, well over an hour a work day lost per employee. Who pays for those 'special rights'?

None of this nonsense is via legislation, it's all from regulation or through the courts.

I'm glad you brought up the military vetting of muslim brothers fighting side by side with any other American soldier with a duty. There are many anecdotal stories about how these Muslims are trusted by US soldiers with their lives. Contrast that with the open door policy risking the American heartland. If there is the will to do, there is a way to 'vet' middle eastern refugees and immigrants. Your equivocation and logic makes me question your tactics and agendas even more.

Craig, you really need to post some links. And preferably not from "Joe's blog". Reliable sources. Just to check one of yours, I googled the Ariens case and did not find that anything had been resolved by either regulation or through the courts. You have a link maybe to a court ruling? Likewise to what's going on in Hamtramck?

Reminds me of the "expert" on Islam who went on the radio and talked about some of those "no go" areas in Birmingham, England. The mayor of Birmingham said it was BS. I heard the guy apologize for being wrong. Always lots of BS floating around on the Internet. You have to be careful with your sources and do some fairly serious fact-checking.