Mike, I think CSharps and Shilohs are most definitely factory, like Kimbers and Coopers in the bolt rifle world. I like the CSharps 85s okay, and I see many of them that shoot very well on the firing lines, but they seem to persist in making the thick-sided versions. I don't know that they make them slimmed down though one certainly could do that after the fact. I suppose I would rate them the prettiest of currently made factory rifles.

BTW, if you want a really nice highwall action only, MVA will have them in all configurations including all 4 trigger types and even the takedown. I have one (nontakedown) on order and wood and barrels on hand. It is expected any day now.

I don't know of many gun makers that can make a nice schnable today. The Shiloh forearms don't look right, much less good, either.

LRF, apparently the Russians bought into the 95 Winchester assault rifle, if I recall correctly.

The attraction of bolt rifles is still that anathema to me. I like seeing the quality of workmanship that custom rifles exhibited on this forum show, but ...

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]