It is interesting how people's tastes differ. I always considered the bolt rifle of any flavor to be the least attractive of all rifles - until the AR15 "platform" came along. But then, maybe a "platform" is not a rifle at all...

Anyway, I'm in agreement with Steve about the 99s, and find Marlin 93s and Winchester 92s and 86s to be the celebrity-level lookers of the lever guns and multishooters.

But when it comes to just best looking factory rifles across the board, then it has to be the 1885 Winchester Special or Special Sporting Rifle by a country mile and a bit more with only a couple of the Ballard variants still within view.

These top even their predecessors, the English muzzleloaders (Alex Henrys and Rigbys etc), which would be next in line.

Sadly, among currently manufactured rifles, I see nothing out there that is anything but an eyesore. Why modern firearms have to be so darn ugly is beyond me. It can't cost much more to make an aesthetically pleasing rifle than it does to make one with the proportions of a brick.

_________
BrentD, (Professor - just for Stan)

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]