Mistreatment of our indigenous peoples is a disgrace, Craig, a blot on Canada's multicultural experiment. Seems human nature is to pick on minorities. Dozens of First Nations communities have to boil water.

My great grandmother was a full-blood "Indian" and tomorrow I'm attending a big First Nations powwow to organize more effectively for change. Ethan Hawke, with a residence down the road, is flying in to help.

Didn't I report on my visit to my favourite country, Washington and Kentucky 11 months ago? Wonderful hearing all the goings-on from Republican and Democrat fundraisers, offered a visit to Mitch's office, discussed race with head of black security company.

I can't speak for how much truth was in any of it but it sure was interesting for this country boy. One Democrat's "small farm" near Louisville had 600 Black Angus. A big Republican donor played polo and chased fox with his100 hounds and 60 horses.

Enjoyed your country immensely and didn't hear from anyone an endorsement of US governance. You have my permission to publish my visit in Misfires. Say whatever you want but get the names right.