Originally Posted By: AmarilloMike
....As far as character, work ethic, ambition and general demeanor my experience with the Latino illegal aliens is that they possess all three. They are fine people. I have owned a construction and service company 35 years. If there were no employer sanctions I would much rather hire an illegal alien than an eighteen year-old citizen. I would have to baby the citizen. He is probably going to have to be fired from several jobs before he can show up on time on a regular basis. The illegal has that skill along with many others because he has worked full time since he twelve....

I also agree with King, pretty good thinking.

If the will is to look the other way, then efforts should be made to keep illegals in the shadows, and remove the gray areas that lets them dabble as citizens.

All of Mike's attributes require operating out of the shadows, and as he notes, will not come from citizens.

Thanks for giving my question a go Geo. I wouldn't want to tear any family apart either, but as noted, there's a voluntary break up of the family as verified by the flow of dollars towards Mexico, Just five years ago, when dems held congress, a half hearted attempt was made by them to leave anchor baby 'accepted policy' in the hands of the courts and remove it from potential lawmaker clarification.