Late to the party. My take is as follows.

Watson is a Brand Value level two (BV2) maker. The gun appears to me to be no more than an Original Quality grade two (OQ2). The Current Condition level seems to be six (CC6 is defined as "Shootable but needs some repairs and refinishing or refinished with barrels or stock replaced").

BV2-OQ2-CC6 = $4,652. The only upgrade I could see at all would be to call it a CC5 = "Minor repairs needed or proper restoration accomplished." Personally, I think CC6 fits better than CC5. BV2-OQ2-CC6 = $6,312. In pristine condition (CC1) it would value at $21,000 and in "Significant use" (CC3) condition it would value at $11,000. So, we have a fairly valuable gun being dinged by condition.

I will opine the following as to the relation of quality and value. For lower quality goods up to average consumer quality, the relation is relative linear (twice as good - twice the price). However, as quality goes over, say, 90% of possible, the price becomes very non-linear; 95% costs several times 90%, and 98% costs several times 95%. Consider paintings, wine, musical instruments, cars, shoes, etc.

DDA