I for one, am fascinated by the history of the development of the Bible. If you remember that within the context of the Latin language, it was never really designed to be read by the average citizen, always requiring interpretation by the local priest. In reality, it was a handbook designed to provide information for sermons delivered down in the local churches. You can find a justification for about any action, to be framed within the context of Christian morality. It's a handbook of Morality examples.

The Reformation was truly a pivotal occurrence within Christianity, as it removed the necessity of having the Catholic Church as an intermediary, allowing a personal relationship with one's own faith. It was this that resulted in the development of the concept of the Individual, and consequently individual freedom and equality. This is what is being attacked in the religious war between Statism and Christianity.

"Whom shall I send? And who will go for us? Here am I, send me!" Isaiah, 6:8.

Last edited by Ken61; 06/10/15 03:54 PM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.