I believe that Public and Private pension plans play by different rules.

I think that private plans are required to fund their plans to a different standard than public ones. Businesses have a better idea as to what they have to contribute as far a private one's so they are forced to plan, and be fiduciary responsible.

Public pensions, I believe, are not so constrained. This is intentional, as taxes would have to be significantly higher in order to fully fund them. Government has exempted themselves from the same requirements as the Real World.

Democrat politicians have lied and promised government employees benefits far in excess of what is able to be supported in terms of Economics. Government pensions are also invested in the private sector, so policies that negatively affect business also negatively affect the pensions as well. This is the contradiction, Democrats voting for politicians that are out to destroy the very foundation of their excessive benefits. Of course, the reason is to create overall dependency, Democrats prefer entitled Welfare Cases, as well as entitled Union members who are totally ignorant of both economics as well as mathematics. In reality, government employees are simply another form of Welfare Case. They are promised, on a religious basis, other citizen's freedom simply on the basis that their Democrat religious leaders told them that they are morally entitled to it. They are the "Blessed", or "Chosen", or "Enlightened" ones.

This continual religious denial and dismissal of both economics and mathematics is absurd. Especially when someone tries to defend it, never based on facts, but only on assertions of statist, subjective morality.

Last edited by Ken61; 05/28/15 12:31 PM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.