Oskar I admire your passion ,but must admit I don't appreciate the effect of lead on waterfowl there's just not that many ducks where I live and hunt to accumulate the kind of hunter introduced lead you speak of ....but I can tell you this ,I hate steel and the price of the alternatives ,in Newfoundland where I live you can't hunt Ptarmigan and not find water ,basically every 20 feet there's a puddle or pond ,we have numerous Snipe that the dogs love to point ,but I have to switch out when it gets in the air and I realize what was pointed ,or pass ...no trouble to guess what to do,Pass.

The ducks here are mostly incidental ,we walk them up from a puddle while Ptarmigan hunting so maybe two or three opportunities a season ,the lead ban for waterfowl and migratory birds in this Province is basically a crock of shit ,at its first we were told we had to switch out whenever in the vicinity of a body of water ,ludicrous!!! it was just as well to stay home ...and thankfully that was never enforced ,I now pass on snipe or ducks ,or target them specifically and carry the "right " ammo accordingly ,it really took the edge off the experience for hunters up here and created quite a few lawbreakers who just said no ....this law when passed should never have been a blanket issue across the country ,I fully realize how it can be a problem in heavily hunted areas of the country that have been shot over for a hundred years , but for here it's just too stupid to talk about .