Hi all,
just picked up my new James Rosier hammer gun the other day and I've noticed some interesting aspects of the guns that I was hoping to get some information on.

The gun was actually retailed by James Watson Rosier who was based here in Melbourne, Australia but was most likely made by W.W.Greener. The serial number for the gun is 38,440 which is engraved on both barrels but the number 16,190 is stamped on the bottom rib including "W W G" on both barrels which I am assuming would be W.W.Greener and their manufacture number?
The damascus pattern I found very unusual compared to everything else I have seen, the pattern actually changes three times on the right barrel which you can see in the pictures.

I have bought this one for a duck and black powder shooter because of the thick barrels and it also falling within my "20 year old university student budget". If anyone has any information on whether or not it was made by Greener, the age and the type of damascus pattern it would be much appreciated!

Cheers,
Rhys

"MADE FOR JAMES W ROSIER MELBOURNE"

This shows the pattern change every 3rd of the barrel

Here's a comparison between my J & W Tolley