Interesting that Drew posted a POS shotgun. I had a very good friend who had a 10ga Spanish gun he was going to use for hunting geese. Worked fine the first hunt, but the next weekend, both bbls wouldn't fire. Took it to a gunsmith who inspected it. Well, the firing pins were mushroomed. The other internal parts were so crude and one the gunsmith bent by hand. The smith said, it wasn't worth fixing. As the gun was bought new he returned it for his money and bought a 1100 with it. Soured him on doubles to this day.

The truth is a lot of cheap crappy Spanish gun have been imported here as we all know. If you look on some of the auction/sales sites you can still find them....for cheap.

That being said, some cheaper Spanish guns have gave and are giving good service. I have a few high end Spanish guns that are as good as some of my English guns and couple that are even better.

I like Spanish guns a lot, but I'm also no fool in thinking that all Spanish guns are "hand Made" like some maintain. Sure they are slapped together by hand, but not all have had the intensive hand work that the higher end guns are given.

Best,

Greg

Gregory J. Westberg
MSG, USA
Ret