June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
6 members (earlyriser, FlyChamps, graybeardtmm3, j7l2, 2 invisible), 305 guests, and 4 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,602
Posts546,891
Members14,426
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
ithaca1 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Mark,
Good evening.
I am going to make "blocks" that screw on the outside of the triggers thru the existing 5-40 holes. They will take up the slack between the trigger and the sear tails. They will also limit how far forward the triggers travel by stopping on the trigger plate.

Thanks,
Bill

Bill Johnson
ithaca1 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

All of the parts are made. Only final fitting is required.
Part on top right is the spacer that will keep the triggers separated. The rectangular piece below the spacer, bolts to the safety and locates on the tails of the triggers. The two small blocks along side of the triggers will bolt to their sides and trip the sear tails.
All in all very simple. I'll take a pic once everything is fitted.
The parts can be fabricated with hand tools. Welding the tails on the triggers may not be necessary, but it was how I thought it would work best.

Enjoy!
Ithaca1

Last edited by ithaca1; 03/30/15 10:55 AM.

Bill Johnson
ithaca1 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Ready to button her up!

Enjoy.
Ithaca1
Bill

Bill Johnson
Sidelock
Sidelock

+1
That was nice.
I have two 100's 20 ga that I just don't shoot anymore because of the single trigger.

Sidelock
Sidelock

The SKB single trigger is a pretty reliable one. Although I prefer DT's, nice to have at least one ST gun around for cold weather hunting. I recently reacquired, from a hunting partner, the very first sxs I ever owned: Ithaca SKB 150 12ga, 28", IC/M. I bought it new in 1972, Navy Rod & Gun Club, Rota, Spain. Sold it to Jerry a few years later, and he's had it ever since. So I know where it's been for its 40+ year lifespan. I'll play around with Mark's latest conversion when he finishes with it. I do like the idea of a DT SKB, but I'm keeping my original one "original".

Sidelock
Sidelock

By not changing the holes in the trigger plate you can switch back and forth as you wish, or have your "on retainer" gunsmith do it. Personally if it is so cold that I have to wear gloves so thick my double triggers won't work, I don't think I want to go outside. lol MKII

ithaca1 Offline OP
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Mark,
Good afternoon.
I appreciate your help on the project. The only modification I made to an original part was a hole and countersink in the safety slide underneath the top strap. All of the original parts still work and assemble as designed. What a great conversion!

Thanks again,
Bill
Ithaca1

Bill Johnson
Sidelock
Sidelock

Are the Flues trigger assemblies the same size regardless of gauge, or is a 20 gauge trigger assembly required

Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Mark II
By not changing the holes in the trigger plate you can switch back and forth as you wish, or have your "on retainer" gunsmith do it. Personally if it is so cold that I have to wear gloves so thick my double triggers won't work, I don't think I want to go outside. lol MKII

Last season, you had to tangle with a horse to have an excuse to avoid hunting in cold weather. smile

Sidelock
Sidelock

Fred, I just used Flues triggers as an example,because they have the screws coming out of the side. I just look for old double trigger sets at gun shows. You want something with lots of material as I find it easier to remove than add on. I dovetail in pieces 90 degrees to the trigger and tall enough to take out trigger slack. send a PM and I'd be more than happy to help. MKII

Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.