Originally Posted By: King Brown
Since liberals are smiling and lying, and conservatives moaning and groaning as hard-done-bys, here's hoping for a happier New Year for members who learn from the liberals how to improve a country by telling little lies.

Everyone lies one way or another. It's absurd for the educated in the 21st century to believe one ideology fits all, and pure fantasy to say that one is purer, more virtuous than the others as fundamentalists everywhere do.

Liberalism in modern societies reigns because it reaches to a common empathetic, compassionate core where we measure ourselves by how well we contribute to others, a gospel of inclusiveness, not separation.

I believe a Canadian who made his mark in America, John Kenneth Galbraith: "The modern conservative is engaged in one of man's oldest exercises in moral philosophy, that is the search for a superior moral justification for selfishness."

That may be a lie. Many would say it is. A lie is something we say that we know not to be true. Galbraith believed what he said. Some members believe adherents to their way of thinking do not lie but those of other ideologies do.

I believe the Iraq invasion ignited the fastest growing, fiercest and hitherto most hideous threat to Christian values in 80 years. Disagreeing doesn't make me a liar any more than other members' opinions are lies i.e. more laissez-faire, less regulation on how much and to whom each provides in taxes.

I believe as Dave Weber that disrespect, filthy language, vituperation and denunciation should have no place in Misfires. They add nothing to conversations. We are blessed that only a few of a particular bent engage in it. The Spirit flourishes. Happy New Year to all.

How nice.

Leave it to a punk, sociopathic, statist, religious little troll to use a New Years greeting to rationalize his religions sociopathic infliction on others. I'll provide the translation.

It's not "liberals telling little lies", it's a full blown faith-based sociopathic religious infliction on others that merely rationalizes pathological lying. Insisting on hiding behind the term "Liberalism" shows just how intellectually vapid you continue to be. The charade is over.

Asserting moral equivalency by saying "everybody lies" is typically doctrinal. The standard of ideologies is whether or not they are sociopathically inflictive on others against their will, as your religion is, that's the difference. Individual freedom and equality are certainly more virtuous, unless you're a statist, religious, sociopathic seeking more "willing victims".

Religious statism mistakenly called "liberalism" uses vote-buying in modern societies to further its aims.

JKG? BFD.

Islamic fundamentalism has been the most volatile sociological force in the world since the establishment of Israel. It typically has had strong resurgence when America has weak, incompetent presidents, such as we have now.

Statism is very inclusive, as everyone but the ruling class is a slave.

Save it for May First next time...

Last edited by Ken61; 01/02/15 06:01 PM.

I prefer wood to plastic, leather to nylon, waxed cotton to Gore-Tex, and split bamboo to graphite.