King, this comment is similar to one I just posted on the Globe website.

With regard to misogyny and violence, while there are "extremists" and "fundamentalists" is all of these major religions I would have you consider that the groups we tend to view as "fundamentalists" in Christianity and Judaism, sects like the Mennonites/Amish and the Hasidim, they have tended towards pacifism, like Mennonites and are excused from military service in Israel like the Hasidim. They for the most part are inward looking, trying to avoid modern society. And in sheer numbers these kinds of groups represent a very small percentage of the overall adherents to these faiths.

It is a whole different story when it come to Muslims. It is hard for me to understand how this is just not seen to be an obvious difference between Islam and other religions. The sheer percentage of adherents who hold fundamentalist and aggressively violent views. It's not a tiny percentage, it's a comparatively large percentage. Estimates range from between 10% and 20% of all Muslims. These are staggeringly large numbers of people....hundreds of millions.

So it may be true that the vast majority of Muslims are peace loving people horrified by the actions of a aggressive violent minority, but it is a large minority that is actively growing. That's a problem and pretending it isn't a problem and accusing those who raise the issue as intolerant racists does a disservice to us all.

The second thing I'd like to address, which has been common in your comments on this subject, is the idea of equivalency. As though we can't have a conversation about the horrors of Muslim misogynist atrocities without first solving the problems of the tiny percentage of Christian and Jews who, with the support of their religious sect, engage in their own version of misogyny.

It's a classic tactic of the left...moral and actual equivalency, and it's bullshit. Because we are talking about orders of magnitude, both in behaviors and in numbers of people affected.

The world cries out for such: he is needed & needed badly- the man who can carry a message to Garcia