One thing no one seems to have addressed is the marketing or lack there of for Spanish guns. I know they are advertised in Shooting Sportsman and one or two other pubs but these are really niche or limited distribution rags.

If you look at the market from an affordability/income standpoint, there are customers out there who just don't now it. And they never will.

You say that the number of shooters desiring a SXS or wanting to hunt with one is small. So is the market for 4x4's for folks who actually need them. Its all marketing. how else do you sell a $50,000+ 4x4 SUV to an urban dweller and he thinks he really needs its capabilities? Marketing.

Maybe oversimplifying it but using the usual "Tony G does it" mantra; well its true, he does do it. And his marketing strategy is???
Yes costs impact demand but marketing is used to get people to buy crap they don't need!
So, if you want to appeal to the old fogey crowd, by all means SS is the way but for the 30 something's, I think a better approach is needed.

maybe I am nuts but its part of the problem

Brian
LTC, USA Ret.
NRA Patron Member
AHFGCA Life Member
USPSA Life Member