June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
5 members (Buzz, AGS, dblgnfix, SKB, Roundsworth), 371 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,579
Posts546,638
Members14,425
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
#37454 04/26/07 10:02 PM
deminn Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Can anyone give me a ballpark value figure for a good condition 10g s/s, zephyr no.6 high grade, made in 1956 by victor sarasqueta for stoger arms corp, ny.

Shotgun has double trigger, 31 3/4" solid raised rib, what looks like an ivory bead tipped, blued barrels, fully engraved silver colored frame, and gold inlay "s" indicator at the cocking break safety.

The gun has some very nice features but I'm finding it hard to believe it holds a lot of monetary value, for example based on the quality of some of the engraving. I was just wondering if someone has any experience with these guns here.

That was a grouse, lets try and get closer next time.
tw Offline
Sidelock
Sidelock

First, welcome to the board!

Second, you are leaning in the correct direction, IMHO. Whilst the guns are quite functional, they are bruisers .. and the engraving is at best 'forgivable'. Before anyone flames that remark, I have been the owner of several Spanish guns, Sarasquetas included. MOF, just recently purchased a Davidson Arms Spanish SxS .410 .. great metal to metal & wood to metal fit; engraving would have been better if left off. Metal quality is not any worse than what the Brits or Americans or Germans had access to at the time of Mfg., contrary to popular opinion .. in some quardants. Any fixed breech 10 bore is going to be an excersize in self abuse with modern 3.5" rounds irrespective of what anyone says to the contrary. The truth hurts, yes? Buy the gun as the shooter it is and not a whole lot more, that's my advice. For a few geese per annum it will provide good service, but only with the provso that it is given reasonable ammunition. Hope something here proves useful.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Somewhere around 800 to 1,200 (depending upon condition) seem to be the current prices being asked.
Rick

"Sometimes too much to drink is not enough" Mark Twain
deminn Offline OP
Boxlock
OP Offline
Boxlock

Excellent, and thank you. This is good information to know. Searching the web I'm finding very little information on Spanish doubles, virtually nothing about values.

Let's see if I anyone could ballpark an estimated value for my wife's goose gun now.

Good condition, Armas Lamber(Gregorio Zabala) for Richland arms (model) 711, made in 1968,10g, 3 1/2" full choke, double trigger, 31 7/8" solid raised rib, s/s blued barrels, 25% engraved blued frame.

That was a grouse, lets try and get closer next time.

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.