Good. You're now back on point. No more consensus. You want a reference. To keep on point, here's the statement you've taken exception to:

"Obama is considered the most cerebral and eloquent American leader in a generation. Those attributes alone don't make a great president. He is a disappointment to me."

I made the statement from what I've read over the years in books, newspapers and journals. I have not read that he is not cerebral---"of the brain" OED---or eloquent. The statement should be self-evident.

You posted: "Who considers Obama the most cerebral American?" I replied that similar references are common, and added perhaps most recently by a distinguished writer in Maclean's, Canada's national newsmagazine.

Then you introduce another dead horse: "pony up the sources of this endorsement of Obama's intellectual superiority." Cerebral doesn't confer intellectual superiority---far from it.

You then ask for "more than one reference from a non-US newspaper." Paul Wells' reference in Maclean's is not good enough for what is plain as pudding: Obama is the most eloquent and cerebral American leader in a generation.

I agree with the opinion of others in this respect. I'll pass along another similar reference when I see one. It pleases me we're off irrelevant tangents and back to reference and meaning. I also like the Yankees and brussel sprouts.