Originally Posted By: keith
And I can't help noticing Jay, that you don't even acknowledge this bullshit from LGF:

Originally Posted By: canvasback
Originally Posted By: LGF
Caleb, until now one could avoid the worst of the venom by staying away from Misfires, but recently even reading the main board requires donning a HazMat suit and undergoing decontamination after. A few members are still foaming at the mouth because there is a black man in the White House; you can just see them typing the second 'g' before catching themselves and changing it to 'Kenyan' or 'Negro'. The rabies slobber is starting to leak into the main forum and the rest of us get splattered.

Wow! Someone starts a thread about the incivility of certain posters and this pops up. As PostOak points, funny how it's always okay for some to behave this way but not others. I'll take RWTF'S silly and antiquated comments about women any day over crap like this!

Geez Keith, I am just about run out of gas with spinning of wheels. You could not help noticing that I didn't acknowledge that ugly post? Almost seems you're suggesting some kind of hidden agenda in what you mistake as my selective criticism of incivility??

Look again. I immediately acknowledged, and Canvasback then responded -- so my reaction appears more than once in the thread. Again, an example of finding the agenda you're looking for, never mind what's really there. Though annoyed that I'm defending myself against nonsensical criticism, I'll make it easy for you and provide the posts.

Originally Posted By: Gunflint Charlie
Originally Posted By: LGF
Caleb, until now one could avoid the worst of the venom by staying away from Misfires, but recently even reading the main board requires donning a HazMat suit and undergoing decontamination after. A few members are still foaming at the mouth because there is a black man in the White House; you can just see them typing the second 'g' before catching themselves and changing it to 'Kenyan' or 'Negro'. The rabies slobber is starting to leak into the main forum and the rest of us get splattered.

Wow! Someone starts a thread about the incivility of certain posters and this pops up. As PostOak points, funny how it's always okay for some to behave this way but not others. I'll take RWTF'S silly and antiquated comments about women any day over crap like this!

Good thing no one has to choose RWTF's stuff over this. But you're totally right, rudeness and name-calling comes from all sides, and reflects only on the speaker.

Jay

Originally Posted By: Gunflint Charlie

Good thing no one has to choose RWTF's stuff over this. But you're totally right, rudeness and name-calling comes from all sides, and reflects only on the speaker.

Jay

LOL, Jay, yes I too am glad I don't have to make that choice. Like many, I would prefer this stuff to be in misfires, if only to keep the peace. Not sure why it's here. And, as anyone who follows misfires would know, I prefer politeness to slander.

But and it's a big but (not speaking to you here Jay but any reader), I resent efforts to suggest that talking about these issues aren't important to gun owners. I live in a country where we didn't talk about it for a long time. You won't like the results.

And truthfully, I kinda like RWTF's posts on the subject of women. It reminds me the old days weren't necessarily the good old days.

Seems to me Caleb's generic mention of politics doesn't make his point political -- he objected to race and gender as offensive and irrelevant to political criticism. He didn't express any political view. One can argue in circles about differing views of what is and isn't racist, but if you insist on seeing dishonesty, I think you're fooling yourself.

My tank is empty, my tires are bald. I'm gonna walk back to the main forum.

Jay