June
S M T W T F S
2 3 4 5 6 7 8
9 10 11 12 13 14 15
16 17 18 19 20 21 22
23 24 25 26 27 28 29
Who's Online Now
3 members (bsteele, cable, 1 invisible), 273 guests, and 6 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Forum Statistics
Forums10
Topics38,616
Posts547,039
Members14,428
Most Online1,344
Apr 29th, 2024
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sidelock
OP Offline
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Wild Skies
Originally Posted By: Rockdoc
Y'all are forgetting that AL's complaint is the misleading description and photo's that have been tinkered with to give a false view of the gun. I'm pretty forgiving, but I'd be PO'd for the same reasons, the gun was misrepresented and he was lied too!

Have we seen pics of the gun as received to back up his accusations?

No, I don't have photos and I don't need photos. Anybody with a scintilla of common sense, would know I am GETTING NOTHING out of spending my time, typing about paying good money and getting an inferior product. That is, except to warn others of the POTENTIAL PITFALLS IN BIDDING WITH THIS COMPANY. It is entirely up to you, what you do with this "accusation". I'm not asking anyone here to be a finder of fact, a judge or jury, I WAS SIMPLY TRYING TO DO EVERYONE A SOLID AND WARN THEM...NOTHING MORE...NOTHING LESS! If you believe I made this all up, and the gun I received is in fact mint, go ahead and buy that dream [fill in the blank] you've always wanted, for $25,000 from Carol Watson Auction. I HOPE IT TURNS OUT BETTER FOR YOU THAN IT DID FOR ME! The moral of this blog is, no good deed, goes unpunished. I will end this with the words, of old English barristers. "The affiant sayeth further not"

Sidelock
Sidelock

Y'all are forgetting that AL's complaint is the misleading description and photo's that have been tinkered with to give a false view of the gun. I'm pretty forgiving, but I'd be PO'd for the same reasons, the gun was misrepresented and he was lied too!

Why-- as both Billary said about her "asleep during the Benghazi FUBAR" and meine Fruend Der Flammenwerfer just so cleverly replied- "What difference does it make"-- I tend tyo view the questioning of my Georgia gentleman friend about fotos as questioning his veracity- tell you what guys- if he told me he had been deceived, I would take his word as Gospel and as he has tried to advise all of us here (even you, Ed- you Victor, Purox, Smiths, Rego, and NCG destroyer of otherwise good guns)to avoid this apparently unscrupulous broad in any future business dealings- fotos not required in my lexicon- his word stands- and dat is dat--

Wild Skies, you make a good point. How about we see some photos of this bad boy warts and all?

"The field is the touchstone of the man"..
Sidelock
Sidelock

I have purchase guns from just about every auction company. Even from the same auction companies, the descriptions vary widely. I have also gotten the chingalay from just about everyone too. Some a little and some alot. Always the descriptions are a little less than what they say. I guess since they are handling some big volumes of guns at the auction, they can only spend so much time looking each gun over. If I am looking at any guns at auction, I always figure in a Fuc* factor.

John Boyd
Quality Arms
Houston TX

John Boyd
Quality Arms Inc
Houston, TX
713-818-2971
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Alvin Linden

No, I don't have photos and I don't need photos. Anybody with a scintilla of common sense, would know I am GETTING NOTHING out of spending my time, typing about paying good money and getting an inferior product. That is, except to warn others of the POTENTIAL PITFALLS IN BIDDING WITH THIS COMPANY. It is entirely up to you, what you do with this "accusation". I'm not asking anyone here to be a finder of fact, a judge or jury, I WAS SIMPLY TRYING TO DO EVERYONE A SOLID AND WARN THEM...NOTHING MORE...NOTHING LESS! If you believe I made this all up, and the gun I received is in fact mint, go ahead and buy that dream [fill in the blank] you've always wanted, for $25,000 from Carol Watson Auction. I HOPE IT TURNS OUT BETTER FOR YOU THAN IT DID FOR ME! The moral of this blog is, no good deed, goes unpunished. I will end this with the words, of old English barristers. "The affiant sayeth further not"

Ah the English! To paraphrase the immortal Bard, another Englishman, “The man doth protest too much, methinks…”

Approach life like you do a yellow light - RUN IT! (Gail T.)
Sidelock
Sidelock

Originally Posted By: Alvin Linden

Yes, you need photos. Without them, we all (excepting RWTF crazy of course) figure you're just another nut case.

I have bought from Carol Watson's twice. The first arrived in better condition than described. The second one will be delivered tomorrow and I fully expect the same. Why? Because I asked a few questions and asked for a couple more pics before the auction started. Kirt Keller answered the questions immediately and had additional pics e-mailed to me within a few minutes. I did my due diligence . . . maybe you should have, too.

Wild Skies
Since 1951
Sidelock
Sidelock

has anyone bothered to read the Terms and Conditions for her auctions? Item 9 details a limited 20-day guarantee of the accuracy as to the item description

forget the photos, I don't doubt that you genuinely believe the gun was inaccurately described and I am reasonably confident that I would generally agree with you. As i have posted earlier, that of itself does not constitute a sham, that they were unscrupulous, or that the accuracy of all their descriptions are faulty. All of which you stated or implied in your post. There could be many reasons for inaccuracy and obviously they recognize that and therefore provided a method for the buyer to seek to have it made right. By buying from her you agree to her Terms and Conditions. You chose not to avail yourself or were not aware of item 9. instead you decided to warn the world of this 'unscrupulous' business without giving them the opportunity to display otherwise - as YOU agreed to. who's unscrupulous?

Sidelock
Sidelock

There have been few times I have purchased an older, hand made, English, Italian or Spanish gun (or new one for that matter) that did not need some work done, either immediately or within a short time after purchase. The exceptions, ironically, have been mass produced American guns. I will say that every time I did need to have some work done, the seller was always willing to either work with me on the issue, reduce the price, or to take it back, auctions excepted.

Anyone who has bought and sold a variety of guns for years on end knows this. So, get real.

Sidelock
Sidelock

Ed ,
I think it matters...just wanted to point out that buying from you, with your rather vague return policy, seems kinda crap shootish to me...Kinda goes against what you said about your personal view on return policies that you posted?, no?.
Whatever, but you really don't have to worry about Ed Good Appraisals/Guns & Gunsmithing in Francestown NH doing business with me..
Cheers
Franc

Last edited by Franc Otte; 06/12/14 04:47 PM.
Sidelock
Sidelock

I was going through my posts, & I realised I had said nothing that really had anything to do with the OP,& got off on a tangent...
I apologize for that lads, & "Femmes" smile
Fox, sorry mate, but sometimes you drive me nuts, lol
Ed, I just plain don't like you
over n out
franc

Sidelock
Sidelock

well franc, ah kinda figured dat...so dats y ah don wana hav no dealins wid sum won who don lik me...you know watt ah mean?

like u no, if you was to buy a nice gon from me at a fair retail price...den yo ego might have a real problem wid yo id.

Last edited by ed good; 06/12/14 05:52 PM.

keep it simple and keep it safe...
Page 4 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard

doublegunshop.com home | Welcome | Sponsors & Advertisers | DoubleGun Rack | Doublegun Book Rack

Order or request info | Other Useful Information

Updated every minute of everyday!

Copyright (c) 1993 - 2024 doublegunshop.com. All rights reserved. doublegunshop.com - Bloomfield, NY 14469. USA These materials are provided by doublegunshop.com as a service to its customers and may be used for informational purposes only. doublegunshop.com assumes no responsibility for errors or omissions in these materials. THESE MATERIALS ARE PROVIDED "AS IS" WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANT-ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, OR NON-INFRINGEMENT. doublegunshop.com further does not warrant the accuracy or completeness of the information, text, graphics, links or other items contained within these materials. doublegunshop.com shall not be liable for any special, indirect, incidental, or consequential damages, including without limitation, lost revenues or lost profits, which may result from the use of these materials. doublegunshop.com may make changes to these materials, or to the products described therein, at any time without notice. doublegunshop.com makes no commitment to update the information contained herein. This is a public un-moderated forum participate at your own risk.

Note: The posting of Copyrighted material on this forum is prohibited without prior written consent of the Copyright holder. For specifics on Copyright Law and restrictions refer to: http://www.copyright.gov/laws/ - doublegunshop.com will not monitor nor will they be held liable for copyright violations presented on the BBS which is an open and un-moderated public forum.