Originally Posted By: Stan
I can never understand why people complain about something that they are not forced to read. When I go to Misfires, I can scan down the threads and see if there is anything there that interests me. I've never yet seen a rant on some political topic disguised as a recipe for duck gumbo.

SRH

Stan,

There are some people that dislike the fact that MisFires even exists and that members can "freely" post political and other topics of their choice, like military holidays, dog obituaries, any dog topic, book reviews, religious topics etc..... Some people take issue with anything that does not fit "their" understanding of this board and it's composition and evidently Dave Weber who formatted what you see here......Rather than just not read what they dislike, they take more pleasure in whining it seems.

The main board here, has a couple of motor mouths that have run off far more potential readers than anything ever posted in MisFires, hence all the recent comments about how "boring" the main page has been for the last six months or so.

Jim (italiansxs) posts some information that I like to read, but not comment on and some that I read and do comment on..... I personally appreciate his efforts on all topics and don't understand the personal attacks directed at him on this thread...... Like any thread or post anywhere on this board, in any section, if you don't like it, don't read it, or post something that you consider interesting and see how many people post on your thread.

I do notice that those whining the loudest frequent MisFires often like snoop dogs, just to see what is said, interesting indeed..... Human nature I suppose...?...

Doug